Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Shallot & Chive Burgers

Originally published on
















  • 3 lbs. ground hamburger
  • hamburger buns
  • 2 shallots, diced
  • small handful of chives, chopped (I use kitchen scissors to snip them)
  • garlic salt to taste
  • fresh basil leaves (optional)

Chop shallots and snip chives and mix into hamburger thoroughly.  Form hamburger into 2-3 inch balls then flatten into patties.  Place patties into hot frying pan and sprinkle garlic salt on patties.  Cook about 4-5 minutes each side or until desired doneness.  Drain patties on paper towel for a minute or so then serve.


I like my burgers with fresh basil leaves on top. You can also toast the tops of the hamburger buns if you like.  Be creative!  It’s not a bit healthy but I love toasting my bun tops in the hamburger grease.  Old-fashioned goodness!



This recipe makes enough for my family of four plus we have a few burgers left over for lunch the next day.
P.S. I’m diggin’ my new blue paper plates, courtesy of the dollar store. 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment