Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Cranberry Orange Bread

Originally published on November 22, 2014


It’s that time of year again, when we all start to crave those traditional holiday flavors.  What could beat the combination of oranges and cranberries together?


Cranberry Orange Bread







Ingredients:
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1  1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup margarine, cubed
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 c. milk
  • 1 c. fresh cranberries, halved
  • 3/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • dash of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix dry ingredients first, then add wet ingredients and mix until everything is moistened.  Grease a  9×5 inch loaf pan with butter.  Pour into prepared pan.  Bake for 60-70 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf






Y.U.M.
I always cut it too fast. I have no patience to let it cool properly so it always falls apart. But it’s sooooo good.







Another bonus – my hands smell like oranges!

__________________________________________ 


P.S. Anyone remember the Cranberry book series by the Devlins?  Baking with cranberries always reminds me of these books and how much I cherished them.  I still have them to this day and have passed them on to my own kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment