Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Egg Fried Rice

Originally published on
Fried rice is always a delicious, quick, easy and nourishing meal.  The only bummer is that I was out of onions and shallots, otherwise I’d have put one of those in my rice.  It still turned out really yummy!


I hope you try my version of fried rice with egg & vegetables.  Let me know how you like it!


Egg Fried Rice
Ingredients:
  • 3 c. prepared Minute rice
  • 2  Tbsp. coconut oil (cold-pressed and unrefined is best)
  • 4  cloves garlic, crushed then minced
  • 1  Tbsp. ginger paste
  • 12oz.  package frozen peas & carrots
  • 3/4 c. water
  • 2 tsp. chicken boullion powder (no MSG)
  • salt to taste
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 3 eggs
  • soy sauce

Melt coconut oil in large skillet on medium heat.  Add garlic; stir for a few minutes then add ginger paste.  When garlic is cooked, add frozen peas & carrots and water.   Bring to a boil, then add boullion, salt & pepper.  Mix well. Move veggies to the side and crack 3 eggs into bubbly water (water will be very shallow).  Let eggs cook a few minutes, then break up the yolks.  Cook another minute, then stir eggs and veggies together.  When egg is fully cooked, add your cooked rice. Mix well and add soy sauce (I didn’t measure but I think a tablespoon should be good. Be careful- you can always add more but can’t take it away!).  Adjust salt & pepper if needed.  Serve steamy hot.
This makes a ton of rice but the leftovers don’t last very long around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment