Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Need a big pot of pasta for a pending social occasion? Well here ya go!

Originally published on


For my very first blog recipe, let’s take the easy way out & do a one pot dish!






Big Ole Pot O’ Pasta Salad

Ingredients: 
  • 2   16 oz. boxes of spiral pasta, cooked al dente
  • 1   regular bottle of your favorite Italian dressing
  • 1   large green pepper, diced
  • 1   small vidalia or sweet onion, diced
  • 1   medium cucumber, diced
  • 1   small container grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
  • 1   can sliced pitted black olives
  • 1   block feta cheese, crumbled
  •  salt & pepper to taste


Cook pasta spirals according to box.  Use a huge stock pot for this (I use a 12 qt.).  Chop veggies while pasta water is doing it’s thing.  Drain pasta and rinse several times with cold water, until pasta is cooled; also run your stock pot under cold water until it’s cooled off.  Put pasta back in cooled stock pot.  Throw in your chopped veggies, cheese and entire bottle of Italian dressing.  Salt & pepper that shiz & voila!  Keep it extra classy by serving on paper plates (Spare me the environmental bidness, I do what I can when I can but I’m a busy mom & don’t always have time for that shit.  Sue me.).  My family LOVES this and it always goes over well at BBQs and get-togethers!

No comments:

Post a Comment