Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Cannoli Filling

Originally published October 18, 2014



This is another ‘something’ I’ve wanted to try for ages.  Cannoli shells can be a pain in the arse though (so I’ve read) and I wasn’t in the mood to undertake that feat so I decided to buy the shells.  One of my local stores had them, 6 in a box for $4.99.  Not cheap but it was worth it in my opinion.  *2 thumbs up*

Oh and all I had were big chocolate chips.  How unfancy of me! Hey, they tasted amazing anyway.




Cannoli Filling 






Cannoli Filling Ingredients:

Other Ingredients:
  • semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini if you have them)
  • 6 empty cannoli shells
  • extra powdered sugar in a sifter

After draining your ricotta, add powdered sugar, extracts and cinnamon to ricotta and mix well.  Fill one corner of a large gallon-sized zip lock bag with ricotta mixture.  Snip the tip off with scissors.  Pipe the mixture into the shells, doing one side of the shell at a time and stopping before mixture starts to hang over the edge.  After shells are filled, dot the ends with semi-sweet chips.  Sprinkle finished cannolis with sifted powdered sugar.

Holy mackerel these are YUMMY!  The orange and cinnamon really give it a special flavor. I was so glad to finally try a cannoli…they were simply heavenly and so worth the wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment